Capturing the open cluster NGC 2244 & the Rosette Nebula
- Telescope: RASA8 and IDAS NB1 Di filter.
- Camera: ASI183MC
- Mount: Avalon Instruments M Zero
- Alignment: compass
- Acquisition software: NINA
- Guiding: PHD2 with dither
- Image: 12 * 5 min subs
- Gain: 111, offset 8
- Temp: 0 Deg C
- Processing: AstroPixel Processor: lights, darks, flats and dark flats & bayer drizzle
- Bortle Class 7 site
- Location: Kedron Queensland
- Date: 13/11/2020
Woken up at 2:00 AM by drunks on the street, I looked up to see a perfectly clear night sky. With clear nights few and far between I got the RASA 8 telescope out and mounted it in the M Zero. The above image is only 1 hour of total capture time from the middle of a major light polluted city. This ‘scope is very impressive and pairs beautifully with theASI183MC and its small pixels.